template

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Quebec

Soren and I were in for a treat this Summer.  Because Anne and Alan are amazing, they took Kj, Ivan, Ari Jo, Soren, and me on a trip up to Quebec.  It was so much fun to go up and experience the city with the whole fam.  Soren and I have a special connection to Quebec, since that's where we went on our honeymoon.

If you aren't familiar with Quebec, I will tell you a little about it.  It's in Canada, about 5-6 hours north of Boothbay, and it's the cutest, prettiest little city.  Okay, maybe it's not so little.  Because it was settled by the French originally, everyone speaks French there and just looking at the architecture and how things are set up, you'd swear you were in France.  Beautiful.

The history of the city is fascinating.  Let me explain...no, there is to much...let me sum up:  French colony, big battle, now English colony, eventually Canada.  Ta da!  Seriously though, the museums there are awesome.

We stayed in the old city at a cute little hotel.  Most of what there is to do in Quebec is shop, eat, go to museums, eat, and shop.  It was a lot of walking.  The most exciting (and most expensive) thing Soren and I did was go into a Medieval boutique where we bought some awesome costume pieces.  

Since a picture says a thousand words, here's the trip:

Inside our cute hotel room.  Love the exposed rock!
Outside the hotel.  It was also a restaurant 

Looking down a Quebec street

Soren and the Chateau

This is my favorite shopping street: Le Petit Champlain.

An interesting art exhibition was going on throughout the lower old city.  This was an alleyway stuck with pool noodles.  

Arianna learning to fire a cannon

Enjoying the beautiful morning.

They have interesting addresses here.

Here's another part of the art exhibition

This is "the silly pig." It's my favorite place we ate.

An adorable toy store we found had a swing inside it.  Heck Yeah!

The Boardwalk was Ari's favorite.  She could run and run.
 What a wonderful place Quebec is!  I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Sweet Utah said...

Love your green pants, and you look amazing in them! And I love all the pictures. And have I mentioned that Ari is maybe one of the most beautiful babies ever? This looks like an amazing trip! Love you guys!

Debbi said...

Such fun! Looks like you took in the sights with your usual flair. I'll put Quebec on my bucket list :)