template

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Step #34--It happens

That's three cameras and counting. The first one was dropped in Hong Kong, resulting in a broken screen. The second one was stolen at the beach in Florida. This third one was dropped in a pond on the BYU-Idaho campus. I'd set the camera down on a ledge, the ten second timer ticking, and while getting into place, the camera teetered and plunged into the water. Various thoughts ran through my mind as I tried to comprehend what had just happened, but mainly I just kept thinking "Not again! Not again! Not again!" I was able to reach into the murky water and grab the camera about 30 seconds after it fell. Kelly and I then proceeded to take out the memory card and the battery. We rushed home and placed the camera in a bowl of rice. By the next morning, the camera was working, but the inside of the lens was fogged over. Submerging an electronic in water usually leads to its demise. Was it an unfortunate incident? Yes. Is it the worst thing that could've happened to me? Of course not. My philosophy in life is that bad things happen, and I have to deal with those things as they come. Getting all upset and emo about it won't change the fact that it happened. All I can do is mourn the loss, get over it, and move on. Then I can deal with whatever happens next.

In closing, I'd like to say a few words to my camera:
Camera, you and I had some good times these past few months. You never let me down. I hope you've found your way safely to electronics heaven. I hope you'll have more luck in the next life.
Love,
Emily Sue

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Well, there you go. Might as well chock it up to experience X3. I'm so sorry. Love the optimism! That's my girl.