template

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Step #30-- Both sides


Never again will I have to smile instead of scream

or be sympathetic instead of yelling “You idiot!”

Never again will I be forced to park a thousand strollers:

the Eddie Baures,

the Gracos,

OR the Maclarens

Never again will I watch an Elephant, Ostrich, or Rhino relieve itself

Or smell it

Never again with the language barriers, the “Stand behind the yellow line!”s, or the radio chatter

Never again will I wait for a bus that should’ve arrived 25 minutes ago

Never again will I be asked where to get a Fastpass or where the bathrooms are

over

and over again

On the other hand,

Never again will I get seven two week safaris in one day,

catching those poachers every time

Never again will I greet people with JAMBO!

or pretend I live in Africa

Never again will I get to help little princesses in poofy dresses

or five year old pirates with whiskers

Never again with Rock ‘n Rollercoaster on Friday

Space Mountain on Saturday,

Followed by church on Sunday,

and Expedition Everest on Monday

Never again will a Lion be in my rear view mirror

or a Giraffe be within arm’s reach

Never another chance to give magical moments

or make dreams come true

But I can stop the pixie dust from dissolving

and the magic from disappearing

by keeping it in my heart

Then the world will never be bleak again

Never again

1 comment:

Debbi said...

The best of times, the worst of times...life is good. I'm so proud of you, Emmy.