
Waiting, waiting, waiting. When you're just about to plunge into a new adventure, it can be rough standing on the edge. You just want to jump in, but it's not time yet. You can look at this two ways: with the glass half empty, or the glass half full. When there were still three weeks left until Disney time, a part of me wanted to groan and mope, whining: "I still have THREE WEEKS LEFT?" But, the stronger part of me decided to make the most of these three weeks I've had at home, and it's been AWESOME! We shopped, ate, laughed, spent an afternoon at the lake wave running, got sunburned, made cookie dough, got my medical problems squared away, made a trip to Lava Hot Springs for some river floating fun, and enjoyed each other's company. And now, as I sit here, realizing that I'll be in the airport in 24 hours, I can't help but look back on the past three weeks and smile. I know I enjoyed myself because I wanted to enjoy myself. Pessimism never pays off. You'll never find joy when you're looking for misery.
No comments:
Post a Comment