
You know what I love? Rainbows. Not painted rainbows or skittles rainbows, but real life rainbows. I love the bright colors: the way they shine and the way they stretch across the sky. But what I love most about them is that they come after rain. The sky, having been grumpy and unpleasantly dark, suddenly becomes bright with sunshine and vibrant colors. Rainbows aren't always easy to see. Sometimes you have to shift your head to the right or move a few spaces to the left. Seeing the rainbow always makes me appreciate the rain.
After thinking about it, I believe you can find metaphorical "rainbows" in life situations: the lecture may be boring, but that information learned will help you pass the test; the boy may be an awkward date, but hey, you got a free dinner out of it; so what if you just dropped your cell phone into a swimming pool? Now you can buy one you really want! No matter what situation you find yourself in, no matter how uncomfortable, awkward, sad, boring, unbearable, or awful, I believe a rainbow can be spotted, even if it's simply "Now I know I never want to do this again."
No comments:
Post a Comment